1) Promote mutual aid and assistance arrangements to best utilize area emergency resources.
2) Plan, coordinate, prioritize and expedite fire service training in the region.
3) Provide and share technical information and guidance to the members of the association.
4) Promote the development of improved firefighting equipment and techniques.
5) Promote fire prevention through fire service and public education and by legislation.
6) Act as the region adjunct of the Fire Protection Services Division of the Washington State Department of Community Development for fire service training and other services.